20 17 theme?

• Author

jonisingt35r

Hello
    Wonder if someone can help me please, I’m having trouble with the title
    It’s not displayed now but when it is it a bold boring text is there a way to edit it?

Font and size I also want to change Contact form size and send button colours Also, I have just used 1 page as thats all I wanted.
    Thanks

The blog I need help with is camborneapplemacrepairs.wordpress.com.

musicdoc1

Hi,

When using the Twenty Seventeen theme, you may change the font, style, and size of the title text at Customize > Fonts > Headings.

Font and size I also want to change Contact form size

The font, style, and size of the text of the title of the Contact page is controlled at Customize > Fonts > Headings. The other text on the Contact page is affected by the options at Customize > Fonts > Base Fonts, but I’ve found that the font options there seem to affect at most only whether the style is bold or normal. I’ll call for staff attention regarding this. Staff will respond here. The size options there work normally.

send button colours

If you’re referring to the background color of the “Submit” button in the Contact form, then this may be changed by choosing from the optional palettes at Customize > Colors & Backgrounds > Palettes > Choose a Palette.

Also, I have just used 1 page as thats all I wanted.

Not sure what you mean by that, but the number of pages published on your site is entirely up to you.

macmanx
    Staff

The custom font sizes appear to be working normally now, but you will need a paid Premium Plan or higher to use them: https://en.support.wordpress.com/custom-fonts/

musicdoc1

@macmanx,

Hi. Perhaps I wasn’t clear on my explanation of the results that I obtained. In my tests on Twenty Seventeen the font size options worked on both headings and base font. It was font options themselves (the font name options) at Fonts > Base Font that didn’t produce the expected changes. The font remained the same regardless of which font I selected, though in some cases the thickness changed (bold or not).

On the other hand, at Customize > Fonts > Headings I found that all options worked as expected.

macmanx
    Staff

That’s odd, it does seem to be working for me just fine. I suppose something could be getting in the way of the web font loading.

Have you checked with browser extensions off?

If so, what browser (and version of) are you using?

musicdoc1

The member said in the OP, “Font and size I also want to change Contact form size.” That’s evidently not possible on the free plan, except for the font, style, and size of the text of the Contact page title (changeable at Fonts > Headings).

It was font options themselves (the font name options) at Fonts > Base Font that didn’t produce the expected changes. The font remained the same regardless of which font I selected, though in some cases the thickness changed (bold or not).

This is true only on the Contact Page, within the form itself, where the field titles (Name, Email, Comment) don’t change. These elements are unaffected by the size options at either Heading or Base Font. That may be normal, and I was probably mistaken in regarding them as page content text. I’m using latest FF.

musicdoc1

The Base Font options work normally on other pages wrt text in the page content.

musicdoc1

@macmanx,

Sorry, about the confusion. The issue is resolved on my end on Twenty Seventeen fonts customization. I think the size changes were always working at Fonts > Base Font, despite what I said in my penultimate post above. The fonts are also changing as expected now. I don’t know if I missed the changes before, or if there was a caching issue after disabling the extensions.

The topic ‘20 17 theme?’ is closed to new replies.