Welcome to Discover Prompts! Throughout April, we’re sharing a daily prompt to help you keep or regain your writing rhythm. Not sure how to participate? Read on.
Today, let’s draw all our attention to focus (or the lack thereof).
Ready to roll? All you need to do is…
- Write a new post on your site in response to the prompt.
- Tag your post with
Discover Promptsand click Publish.
- Head to the Reader to engage with other participants’ posts.
Need more ideas? Not sure what to write around Focus? We’re here to help:
- Many people have been finding it more difficult to stay focused since pandemic-related restrictions have taken effect around the world. Are you one of them, and if so, how have you been navigating this challenge?
- Tell us about a sound, a smell, or any other type of stimulus that helps you concentrate on one thing.
- Photographers: share a photo with a particularly clear focal point. Or, conversely: post your favorite out-of-focus shot.
- Share a story about a moment or a period in your life where, after feeling lost or distracted, you managed to refocus.
- The word “focus” derives from the Latin for “hearth” — what is the equivalent of a hearth in your home? What’s the object, room, or activity around which everything else is organized?