Welcome to Discover Prompts! Throughout April, we’re sharing a daily prompt to help you keep or regain your writing rhythm. Not sure how to participate? Read on.
Let’s think about the word: tempo.
Ready to roll? All you need to do is…
- Write a new post on your site in response to the prompt.
- Tag your post with
Discover Promptsand click Publish.
- Head to the Reader to engage with other participants’ posts.
Need more ideas? Not sure what to write around Tempo? We’re here to help:
- If you’re a photographer, show us a photo that depicts motion. Feeling like you need more of a challenge? Share a series of three photos, showing slow, moderate, and fast motion.
- We all march to the beat of our inner drummer. Write a post about your default tempo. Are you someone who likes to take the long slow road, stopping to snap photographs and smell all the flowers, or are you someone who prefers to know all the shortcuts to your destination?
- Musicians: write a short melody, bass line, or chord progression of eight bars. Create three variations on the melody at three different tempos: 60 beats per minute, 90 beats per minute, and at 120 beats per minute.
- Poets: choose a favorite poem and write about its rhythm. Check out some information on rhythm in poetry and share your analysis in a post.
- Artists: do a series of three drawings of the same scene, but set your timer! For drawing one, render as much detail as you can in two minutes. For drawing two, use five minutes to draw the same scene. For drawing three: take ten minutes to draw the same scene. Post your work to your blog. Compare the drawings: which decisions did you have to make to be true to the scene in the time allotted?