Welcome to Discover Prompts! Throughout April, we’re sharing a daily prompt to help you keep or regain your writing rhythm. Not sure how to participate? Read on.
With half of April behind us, now is as good a time as any to slow things down.
Ready to roll? All you need to do is…
- Write a new post on your site in response to the prompt.
- Tag your post with
Discover Promptsand click Publish.
- Head to the Reader to engage with other participants’ posts.
Need more ideas? Not sure what to write around Slow? We’re here to help:
- Tell us about an activity, chore, or habit most people devote little time to, but that you enjoy lingering on.
- What’s your favorite slow-cooked food, and what would be lost if you could prepare it in a few minutes?
- What music, art, or literature do you turn to when you don’t need to rush?
- Are you a photographer? Share a recent long-exposure shot. Or, if you’re like me and you only have your phone’s camera, take a photo of an object or landscape that channels slowness visually.
- Write a poem about feeling calm, relaxed, bored, or unproductive.