We blog for a million different reasons, but in the end, we’re all storytellers. Creative Writing Challenges are here to…
We blog for a million different reasons, but in the end, we’re all storytellers. Creative Writing Challenges are here to help you push your writing boundaries and explore new ideas, subjects, and writing styles.
To participate, tag your post with DPchallenge and include a link to this post, to generate a pingback and help others find and join the challenges. Please make sure your post has been specifically written in response to this challenge. We’ll keep an eye on the tag and highlight some of our favorites on Freshly Pressed on Friday.
You love doing the A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words challenges, and we love reading your interpretations! Let’s have another go.
This week, tell us a story based on this photo:
Two unknown chefs in an unknown kitchen, preparing an unknown meal.
- Who are these the chefs? What’s their relationship? Are they mentor and mentee? Begrudging rivals?
- Where in the world are they?
- What are they making? What’s the occasion? Are they plating the meal for a couple’s intimate anniversary dinner, or preparing to poison the queen?
Worried that you don’t write fiction? Don’t be! There are lots of options here to create a post that uses the photo as a jumping-off point but pulls from your own experience:
- When was the last time you had a truly transcendent meal? Where were you? What did you eat? Who were you with?
- Is there someone with whom you love working closely? Someone you have to work with, but wish you could escape?
- Is “chef” a job you could see yourself having? What kind of workplace would you prefer?
Finally, a few logistical details:
- Your post doesn’t actually have to be 1,000 words. Use as many (or as few) words as your story needs.
- Feel free to download the photo and insert it into your own posts, crediting this one.
- As always, be sure to use the DPchallenge tag so we can find each of your posts.
As with the other “1,000 Words” challenges, we know you’ll take this in directions we’d never dream of (and that the people in the photo would be tickled/amazed/horrified/flattered to hear). We can’t wait to start exploring the worlds you create.