Brand new blogger? Welcome! Share a link to your first post, say hello to other new faces, and find your first few readers.
For other help:
If you’re not new and are looking for support or feedback, the Community Pool is the place for you!
For technical questions, visit the WordPress.com Support Forums.
To learn more about blogging, take a Blogging U. course.
To find, copy, and paste your link:
Head to your blog’s home page — not your dashboard, your blog itself. Click on the title of your post to open the individual post.
Highlight and copy the URL you see in your browser’s address bar, and paste the entire URL into a comment here.
Welcome to First Friday, a weekly open thread where any new blogger can share a link to his or her very first post with the larger WordPress.com community. To share your first post with us, copy and paste the link right into a comment here. If you’re not new, you can still be a part of First Fridays: visit a link or two, and leave the blogger a like or comment.
Please don’t use this as a space to share your first post…. that you published three years ago; ditto for simply sharing your latest post. Posts should have been published within the last month, and should be your first post. We’ll remove other posts to keep this space focused for new bloggers.
We ask that you help us keep this space focused by following a few additional guidelines:
- We encourage anyone who shares a link to visit a few other bloggers. New readers for all!
- When commenting, the third time is not the charm: don’t share the same link repeatedly, or in multiple First Friday threads. We’ll remove repeat posts.
- Link directly to your new post, rather than to your blog generally — it makes it that much easier for folks to like the post or leave you comments.
- Avoid repeated “Follow for a follow!” comments. (Tip: if you’re trying to build a readership, it’s much more effective to visit and comment on individual bloggers.)
- To keep from losing your place while you visit others’ blogs, right-click on links to open them in a new tab or window.
- When commenting, avoid copying and pasting the same response repeatedly. It makes it look like you’re not really paying attention. Not to mention, it’s spammy.