Types of Blogs
There are many different types of blogs on WordPress.com, and they span over 100 languages. You can browse our tags to get a sense of the topics covered by WordPress.com bloggers, or take a look at these examples of popular blog categories:
- Personal: This is the broadest category and includes blogs about personal topics like politics, music, family, travel, health, you name it.
- Business: Professionals ranging from realtors to lawyers and stock brokers are using WordPress to share their expertise, and companies have discovered the power of blogs to personally engage with their customers.
- Schools: WordPress is a great way for teachers and students to collaborate on classroom projects.
- Non-profits: Foundations, charities, and human rights groups find our blogs to be great tools to raise awareness and money for their causes.
- Politics: Members of parliament, political parties, government agencies, and activists using our blogs to connect with their constituencies.
- Military: Members of the military blog to report what they see happening in various parts of the world and to stay in touch with their families.
- Private: Some people make their blogs private to share photos and information within families, companies, or schools.
- Sports: We’ve got teams, athletes, and fans using blogs to express and share their passion for various sports.
- How-to, tips and reviews: There are lots of blogs that share tips and reviews about cooking, games, music, books, movies, and so on.